Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rose, Rose, Rose


Still with flower influence! lol My favorite mini-cakes are fruity and floral kind. From time to time I also make fancy/fantasy cake. I'm simply addicted! :P

Many clay lover folks ask me questions about clay flower making. For certain size and scale mini-flowers there are cutters such as Kemper cutter for petals and leaves for flower maker to use. However, for smaller size flowers like these I used to decorate my mini-cake were all handmade (scratches, rolls, squeezes, etc. :D).

To start making flower, it's a real good start follow instruction/tutorial available online (or wherever available) for life size flower. It's important to learn and understand basic practices and techniques prior to mini-flower. After you are familiar with life or bigger size flower making, you can start reduce size. From here, when it's limitation on tools and cutters, you will be forced to invent your own technique to get what you want. And then you will develop your own 'style'. I'm also learning and practicing.

Don't forget that practice makes perfect. :)

5 comments:

Elisa said...

Congratulations, your miniatures are wonderful. I liked very...very much. A kiss of manta de retalhos

Miss M. Possible said...

I love your minis! Your etsy profile linked to this page and said you did tutorials... I don't see any?

Rachel said...

Thanks!

My tutorials are on the left column, below the e-mail subscribtion, or you can use this link:
http://miniaturesbyrachel.blogspot.com/2008/02/new-easy-tutorial-for-beginner.html

Other tutorials are on the right column under 'recommended links'.

Rachel :)

Miss M. Possible said...

Thanks! I don't know how I missed it. I'm pleased that they look simpler than I thought they would! Thanks for providing people with these resources.

Rachel said...

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy 'clay play'. ;)