Thursday, June 5, 2008

My Sand Clay


After all from my new clay play experiment, I made a fridge magnet using my own sand clay recipe. I think the result came out quite good.

Like many other who 'play' with clay and experiment on their own clay, the recipes available online are great guideline to start with. I did not follow strictly with the amount/quantity of each ingredient. I just adjust the ingredient until I got clay texture I like. :D

On this experiment, I tried the fine sand instead of cornstarch and 'played around' a bit. The dried sand clay gives nice color with 'rough' texture appearance, but the real texture is nice and fine. I also love the color of the clay. :)

2 comments:

Mia Of Mia's Graphic Designs said...

I just looked at your pics on this blog of your work.... all I have to say is, WOW!! This is amazing!! Kudos!!

Rachel said...

Thanks! I'm glad you like them. :)