Thursday, January 31, 2008

Air Dry Polymer Clay Cane


My second miniature how-to article is now published! It's about making a 1:24th scale Key lime pie for your doll house. From the techniques used, you can also apply them for your favorite scale as well. The article is divided into 2 main parts, key lime cane making and pie making. It's fun and I think the pie came out nicely. :)

Making air dry polymer clay cane had been on my mind for quite a while. I worried about time and speed and kept thinking that air dry polymer clay can't be used for cane. One day, I decided to try it out and told myself to do it fast. lol My first orange cane came out in good shape - size and color. However, the sliced pieces were not good. The white clay I put in the middle to make the cane orange cross sectional look were not straight, instead they swirl around and along the circumferential of the cane like fan blades. But, from this first try I know I can make fruit cane out of air dry clay. Wooooooooo Hoooooooo! :D

Practice makes perfect, I know and I'm practicing! :)

No comments: