Monday, January 28, 2008

Fresh From My Kitchen!

I just finished these cakes. They are an order with style selected from my Flickr album.

In general, I spend around 2 weeks on making cake from air dry polymer clay for overall process and to let the clay dry completely.

These cakes are in 1:12th scale. The wedding cake has 1" (~25 mm) diameter at the widest point while the 1-tier cakes have ~3/4" (20 mm) diameter.

I found out that some collectors have slightly bigger diameter cake collection (1" - 1 3/16" or ~25-30 mm diameter) while the other would like to have their cake diameter at ~3/4" (18-22 mm)...

2 comments:

Jo Raines said...

Wow, Rachel! Your work is beautiful. I hope to own some of your pieces one day. I've added you to my mini blog list on my blog, http://minileapsandbounds.blogspot.com
Hope you can stop by for a visit soon!

Jody

Rachel said...

Thank you for adding me on your blog, Jody. Love your works and your mini-collections! :)